We are currently hiring for a Director.
Director, Glen Street Theatre
The Glen Street Theatre Director manages a team of technical and operational theatre staff and is responsible for the overall management and artistic development of Glen Street Theatre to ensure its ongoing financial success and viability.
- Programs an annual theatre and music subscription seasons, special literary, music and arts events, as well as community and corporate functions that maximise the theatre’s usage.
- Develops and fosters effective relationships with all parts of Northern Beaches Council, the community and facility users.
- Develops and implements operational, financial, and marketing plans and community service obligation strategies that deliver the agreed strategic plans and long-term business directions for the theatre.
- Manages the Glen Street Theatre staff, actively promoting best practice; competitive, service driven operations through continuous improvement; staff training; the investigation and use of new techniques; and benchmarking.
- Manages the Theatre’s financial and OH&S reporting to ensure that accurate reports are produced on time.
- Ensures the Theatre’s operations comply with relevant legislation, regulations and Council policies in order to minimise risk.
- Works closely with Council and commercial operators within the facility and surrounding precinct (e.g. library, restaurant/bar operator, gym, etc.) to maintain and build an enjoyable theatre experience for patrons.
The Glen Street Theatre Director must have a strong understanding of theatre management and the associated arts; have an entrepreneurial flair and strong financial management skills; be capable of building relationships and managing sensitive political and commercial issues and relationships autonomously; and be able to exercise excellent leadership, judgment and negotiation skills.
More info here.
Check the Northern Beaches Council website for other council positions available.