Due to popular demand - second group just released!
Want to explore performance and acting but not sure where to start? Australia's leading centre for education and training in the performing arts, the National Institute of Dramatic Art, are offering exciting workshops for children at Glen Street Theatre these Winter School Holidays.
Designed specifically for children and young people, NIDA offers a fun and supportive learning environment that unlocks creative potential and builds confidence.
Musical Theatre Boot Camp
Tue 9 – Thu 11 July, 10am – 4pm
Suitable for grades 3-6
Work with a NIDA musical theatre expert to create a short song and story presentation for stage! This is a great way to introduce yourself to the magic of musical theatre and find out just what it takes to become a musical theatre star! Present your song and story presentation to family and friends at the end of the course.
- Voice and Song: Learn how the voice works, develop confidence with singing technique and performance.
- Creative Expression: Participate in fun and engaging acting exercises to develop new creative ideas with others.
- Text interpretation: Bring to life through the application of acting technique a musical theatre song text.
- Staging: Consider staging techniques and learn musical performance stagecraft.
- Performance: Apply acting and singing practice to a short, devised musical presentation.